Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Monday, May 21, 2012

A note on the @JC100 Movement




I am delighted that I was invited to participate in the 100th birthday celebration of Julia Child.  I know I'm like millions of others who found special inspiration and a love of food from Julia. That I'll get to experiment every week with a recipe from her classic cookbooks (most of which I won, bien sur) is amazing.

I've been on the road since finals ended and have become a tad  woefully behind -- I did get week two's recipe posted with an inspiring chocolate mousse from Papillote in Savannah, Georgia.

But I missed week one completely, as I was in Atlanta all week with limited computer time and access as I spent time with my dear Daddy.

Here's how to connect in every way to the JC100.




Week one was a rolled omelette.  I suck at this, so no pictures (but I did feed something like it o my Daddy).  Check out this version!


Excerpted from Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child. Copyright © 1961 by Alfred A. Knopf. Reprinted with permission from the publisher Alfred A. Knopf, a division of Random House, Inc.


Much love, et. al.
La Ging

No comments: