Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hit the road, Jack....

That's how I feel right now. We're packing tonight for a trip to Texas for the holidays. Randy, Jeffrey and I head out tomorrow after Jeffrey's Christmas party. We have a few more errands to do, and a little more packing, but we should be done and ready to haul tomorrow.

Let's just all hope it fits in the car!

Jeffrey is trying to bring every monster truck and every DVD he owns (who cares about the clothes). He's in three small suitcases PLUS his enormous backpack. Most of that will go on the back seat with him. He'll have to make do.. Randy and I are in TWO suitcases, one an overnight, one a big one. PLUS we have three large bags of presents (One for Jeffrey, Two for Miller family). PLUS I'm packing a cooler with cold packs and GF goodies, just in case I find myself in a pickle. OH, and the old fart drug case.

And Randy, Jeffrey and I will go rolling down the highway...someone pack the bungee cords and duct tape. I have a feeling we're gonna need them at least a couple of times this trip.

Much of this is to say I am going to be on hiatus from my blog until I get back from the trip (unless something miraculous and bloggable happens). Here is what I want to say:
•I wish you all peace on earth, many joyful moments, and plates of GF goodies for the holiday. Merry Christmas. Remember the real reason for the season, ok?
•Jenn Hill Watson, my dear former student, is going to give birth any day now (see that full moon coming on? I'm tellin ya...Dec. 23, but Joy might be right with the 21st). At any rate, keep Jenn, Danny, and baby Tyler Reed in your good thoughts and prayers for safe delivery.
•Happy First Christmas to my adopted sweet grandbaby Hendley Caroline Boucek, and Happy Second Christmas to that beautiful Addison Grace Peterson. And Rachel, I hope the twins have a delightful Christmas -- this one will be really big for you!
•To all my GF blogger buddies, and youse knows whose you is, HAPPY GF Christmas. I might get to meet another one of you (I Hope). Who says great cookies can't be GF? And there are always pecans, right Stevie?

So that's a wrap....Much love, Merry Christmas, and if you see me on the highway to gluten freedom, be sure to wave and say HOWDY! I'll see ya when I get back.
Much love,
Ging

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks for the sweet wishes. I hope you all have a SAFE, easy trip and a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year! Hope you get to eat LOTS of GF goodies!

The Watsons said...

Thanks for the so sweet wishes, Carter! I hope Jeffrey enjoys the journey! Sounds like he's taking his whole life with him! Bless his heart!

Y'all travel safely, and have a blessed Christmas.

Gluten Free Steve said...

Merry Christmas, my dear sweet GF friend. Safe travels, and expect some gf yummies from the Artist and I in January. I wish you and yours nothing but the best in 2008! And yes, there are always pecans. YUM!

Bill said...

Y'all be extra special careful!

Merry Christmas.

Joy Peterson said...

You know, with your descriptions of all the packing, I could actually visualize ALL of that packed up in a car (even though I don't know what kind of car the Carter-Miller's have these days). It was funny.

I am sure sweet Addison Grace will have much more of a Christmas that she needs. But, I did however purchase The Night Before Christmas and I would like to start our own family traditions this year with her.

Merry Christmas and a Happy GF New Year!!!

Melanie said...

Wishing you the bestest of gluten free Christmas! Have a safe trip!

a kelly said...

Have a wonderful and happy Christmas Ginger Carter Miller. Our first GF one!! What a great gift!
Prayers for safe travel and a pleasant ride.
....and cookies, lots of cookies...
alex

Unknown said...

teeth whitener

Have a safe trip and enjoy the holidays with your family!

Sheltie Girl said...

I hope you have safe travels while you are out and on the highway.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten A Go Go