Two of my favorite people in my life, my sister Janet and her husband Don, came by yesterday for lunch. I contemplated a lot of things to cook for lunch, but I decided to make one of my favorite soups -- Taco Soup.
My friend Jessica gave me the recipe for taco soup a year ago, and I always adapt it based on what I have the cupboard. But this is the basic plan:
1 package GF taco seasoning
1 package GF Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can of diced potatoes
1 can of beef broth
1 pound of ground beef, browned
I added a bag of thawed gumbo mix, which included okra, corn, red peppers, and onions. I also added a generous springking of Tony Chachere's seasoning (GF). It made the soup a little spicy.
I served it with hot GF bread, GF brownies, and fresh pineapple. We had a great time -- and they helped me move furniture, for which I CAN NEVER THANK THEM.
Now that menu is out of the way, I need to vent. See if any of these make you laugh! They made me ROTFLMAO.
I just (thanks to Kate) found a new site called ratemystudents.com -- they inspired me.
1. When did it become OK to ride your bike on the sidewalk and get mad at ME because I didn't see you riding up behind me. I'm sorry I left my rear-view mirror at home today, but don't curse me because I'm in your way. I can't see you. Next time....see no. 3.
2. When your gum falls out of your mouth, don't you worry that someone LIKE ME might step in it? OF course you don't. But I ALWAYS do.
3. Crazy skateboard boy, going 40 on a sidewalk is annoying to me. Next time I see you, I will step in front of you and hope you bust your butt on the sidewalk.
4. Reading directions in college is required. So is FOLLOWING directions. Yes, my sarcasm WAS directed at you. I expected more, that's all. But I covered for you anyway.
5. You there, young woman with your shorts pulled down to your pubic bones and your top tucked up to look like a bra. I know you're proud you're a runner. But dressed like THAT, where you were, is DANGEROUS. Cover up. Show off at the club.
6. I know you think your doggie is cuter than pie, but his poop...not so much. CURB YOUR DAMN DOG. That also means pick up his poop.
7. Your breasts are lovely. Now please, put them away.
8. If I'm not good enough to be a reference listed in your portfolio, then don't ask me for a letter, Make those people who are listed do the work. Don't get hurt by this, ok? I still think you're the best.
9. That red octagon -- it's called a STOP sign, not "speed out behind the shuttle bus and turn right." I had the right of way.
10. You, athletic young man, don't step in front of a car while on your cell phone without glancing to see if a car is coming. Yes, pedestrians have the right of way, but I don't like to play dodge ball with humans. And your cell phone would have been destroyed if I'd run over your ass.
11. One fat chick to another -- when you've got a three-inch jelly roll sticking out over your jeans, it's a sign. Either get bigger clothes, like I do, or lose some weight. I know of what I speak. It's not pretty if you can literally reach out and pinch three inches....
12. P.S. you know who you are --- you don't live here any more. CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS ON EVERYTHING -- your underwear, your driver's license, your past due bills. I am TIRED of answering phone calls from your bill collectors. They interrupt my naps.
13. BTW -- I'm really sorry you're so sick. You know, I have a significant stomach ailment, too. But I don't think the chips, salsa, and beer at the Mexican place is going to help your colon...
14. It's a small campus. If you accuse me of stuff, it will get back to me. I PROMISE.
15. Hey Heather Mills: you got lucky. Deal with it. You got $34,000 for each day with Sir Paul. There are people who would give HIM that to spend a day with him. BTW, you're not the first woman to get screwed in a divorce.
OK, I feel a little better now.