Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hail, Hail, the gang's all here

What the HAIL do we care? A lot!





After the horrible damage to Atlanta yesterday, we were understandably worried tonight when there was the report of hail and tornadoes making their way down Highway 49 near our house.

Thank GOD it passed on either side of us, but we got some horrible wind, a little rain, and ping-pong ball sized hail. The pics above were taken about 20 minutes after they fell on our house. I hope there's no roof damage.

We hunkered down in the hallway bathroom with the whole house closed off. Jeffrey was screaming and crying when the hail hit. Honey, you timed your return to Tampa perfectly!

Gotta go...another thunderstorm is coming. I hear the thunder...

Much love, and what a night!
Ging

4 comments:

a kelly said...

Those are huge hail stones!
That must have been some noisy storm.
Glad everyon is ok!

Blessings to you for Holy Week!
Alex

Kate said...

Ging -
I'm glad to hear that you are safe and well. I was wondering about you!

Joy said...

I'm glad you're ok! I'm in Clemson, SC, and we had some hail, too, but not as big as yours.

Melanie said...

OH this is what I don't like about spring. It's the only thing I don't like about spring. Glad you are safe!