OK, Stella has her groove back...
I was reading a new food blog I found, The Hungry Hamburger (not a GF Food Blog) about the 100 foods one should sure try before he or she dies. This was also on Serious Eats, one of my favorite food blogs.
But, I'm a pretty adventuresome eater, way before GF, and I have to say, rather than putting in bold the ones I HAVE eaten, I'll bold/italicize the ones I haven't. There are 10 I haven't tried and eight I will never try. And most of them are GF.
I haven't eaten Horse, for instance, but I have eaten the Belizean "royal rat," Gibnut, Cow-foot soup, and Pigtails and Peas.
How about you?
The Hungry Hamburger List
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush LOVE IT! And it's GF
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses It's cheese.
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes My sis Janet used to make Peach wine. YUM!
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras OMG how i love this food...
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese (on GF crackers, no less)
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper (yes, I've tried one nibble)
27. Dulce de leche You can buy it out of a can at WalMart. YUM!
30. Bagna cauda Heck, make it with GF bread...
31. Wasabi peas YAY! Love them, and can find them GF, too!
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi (I've had lassi, but not salted. I'm claiming it. And no, it's not a puppy.)
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar Never smoked a cigar, but have had cognac where others were smoking nearby. It counts.
37. Clotted cream tea At the Savoy in London, 1999 good time...
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects Not intentionally
43. Phaal A hot curry. Haven't tried it yet.
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi a pickled fruit
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini My FAVORITE martini, BTW
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads LOVE them, actually, sauteed in butter crispy. LOVE them!
63. Kaolin Hell, I'm southern, and that stuff is in the water around here!
65. Durian No, but I would.
66. Frogs’ legs Won't ever, either.
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis Can't do it, it's not GF.
69. Fried plantain YUM. A favorite, to be sure. In Belize, if possible.
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette Don't like em, won't do it again, but yeah, I have.
72. Caviar and blini (Food of the gods. No blini any more, but Caviar is perhaps my favorite food!)
73. Louche absinthe (OK, had a facsimle in New Orleans at the Old Ansinthe House, no less)
74. Gjetost, or brunost (out of curiousity once, at a Swiss Colony at Northlake Mall)
75. Roadkill I eat Vienna Sausages. Does that count?
76. Baijiu (yes, actually, once at a Chinese feast).
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum (gonna have me some of dat tomorrow night at the new local Thai place)
82. Eggs Benedict )do I hear the hallelujah chorus?)
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare I'm sorry, I don't eat rabbit/hare or squirrel (aka rats with good PR).
89. Horse Again, not intentionally...
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Much love, and report back in the comments!