This thread has been running around the blogs for a while, and my friend Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl Fame got me the other day. And she totally tagged my entire circle of GF blogger buds (can't wait to read those).
I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself that are little known but true. And then I am supposed to tag seven more people who must then tell and tag. That is easy: I tag:
Joy Peterson of "A Floor Full of Food"
Julie Boucek of "Because I Said So"
Kyle Hitchcock of "Kyle Hitchcock Photography"
Rachel Mino (I don't know how to spell your last name!) of "The Mino Twins"
Jenn Watson of "The Watsons"
Alexsandra of "Touched by Words"
Joy Ashley of "Joy to the World."
1. I am an only child, and I never, ever wanted a brother or sister. AND I always knew I'd have an only child if I had children at all.
2. In 1961, I was the mascot for the Pepperall High School Marching Band. I was a little roly poly girl (I weighed 100 pounds when I was 5 years old, but lost 40 pounds by first grade). I was pretty cute. I actually was a competed in baton contests until I was in 8th grade -- but not very well. That's me in the picture on the end. I know...all together now, AAAAAAAwwwwwww.
3. I was on Wheel of Fortune in 1986 -- went to California for it and everything. Then I asked for a J in the speed round and didn't win much. I did win one puzzle "Nature of the beast" and won $1,000 in crap and the fabulous parting gifts. I still have some of the crap around somewhere...
4. I love to eat peanut butter out of a jar with a spoon. Don't ever eat peanut butter at either of my houses if that bothers you. I can also eat an enormous quantity of peanut butter in one sitting -- like, a small jar. It's a gift, I tell ya. I got it from my Mama.***
5. I always wanted to be a ballet dancer, but since I looked more like the little hippos in Fantasia, I never made it. When I was 10 or so, I would make fake toe shoes and pretend to be a dancer...no luck there. The best I have done is become a clogger.
6. I was never in the 11th grade. I skipped it because I hated my high school so much. I was grossly unpopular in high school (but not in college. I was a "student leader" there). Some day, God will punish those jerks who made me hate high school so much. I also graduated from undergraduate school at 20 and finished my Master's degree by 22. I didn't get my Ph.D. til I was 39....late bloomer, I guess.
7. You would never believe how easy it is for me to get my feelings hurt. NEVER would believe it. But I do, almost every day in some way. But I don't cry -- I only cry when I am SO INCREDIBLY ANGRY I could hurt someone. THEN I cry a lot.
*** I will never stop missing my Mama. I think about her still, and miss her tremendously.
So that's it.