Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More from Amy's Kitchen


Last night, in spite of a tummy ache, I tried the Amy's Kitchen Ziti bowl. This is a great little fast food item (heat and eat) that all of you, whether GF or not, might actually enjoy. It's gluten free and dairy free, but don't let that fool you. It is a tasty dish.

Moms, this could be good healthy finger food for the kiddies. And you'd not mind cleaning up after this one.

I have to tell you, though, the thing I liked the most was the little green peas in it. That's a real Sicilian touch (according to my relatives) to put sweet peas in a spaghetti sauce.

Good stuff. Alas, I can't get it in my stores. I can't really get anything much in Kroger here any more. I'm really peeved at them.

But Amy's Ziti Bowl was close enough for this Italian girl.

Another word on that individual mini Amy's Pizza:

The other night, when I got in from school, I wanted pizza, and all I had was another brand than Amy's. I tried it, and it just didn't have the substance of that small Amy's pizza. So I am really happy to confirm that Amy's dairy free individual pizza IS indeed a good choice.

Much love, and all that jazz,
Ging

A P.S. My bro Gluten-Free Steve, who read about the Ziti here, found some in his local Whole Foods and had it for lunch today. He enjoyed it! I of course still can't find it here in Hooterville, but I would buy it if I could find it. I guess I'll just have to settle for the Palak Paneer (YUM YUM -- Amy's, you ROCK Indian Food IMHO).

5 comments:

Bill said...

Like the Mom Tip. I'll have to be on the lookout for some Amy's...

Gluten Free Steve said...

I've never seen the ziti bowl. Sounds good. I've been emailing you from my glutenfreesteve yahoo account - they may be hitting your spam box :-(

Gluten Free Steve said...

I tried this bowl today (found it at Whole Foods). $4 a bowl which isn't that bad for frozen gf food. It was actually pretty darn good! I was impressed.

Melanie said...

Cool! I didn't know there was a gf ziti! I will be on the lookout for it!

A Girl Called AL said...

I really like this one, too. If you don't microwave it for too long, the pasta stays nice and firm. It has the best consistency of any of the Amy's frozen GF pasta dishes. I like the others just fine, but this one is best, IMHO.