Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Product Review: Cormier's Gold


When I received a bottle of Cormier's Gold Double Garlic Marinade and Sauce  last month, I had one idea in mind:  Double Garlic Grilled Eggplant.  I wanted to grill slices of baby eggplant til almost caramelized, then I wanted to toss it in the sauce with a mix of sauteed onion, garlic, and ginger.

I never got there.  I used the whole bottle on a big huge cookout batch of chicken.  I marinated it overnight, and then I grilled the chicken. 

The taste of the double garlic was delicious, even though I made a griller's major mistake -- I left it on the grill too long, and the delicious sugars in the Cormier's Gold (molasses) got a little...crispy.

This is a product endorsement, though, one I hope you'll consider.  Cormier's Gold can be used as a sauce, marinade, glaze, and topping.  Here's what owner Glenn Cormier said on the website:

"Read my label, what you won't find is water, other sauces in your local supermarket are cutting their product with water. I DON'T.  With Cormier's Gold, you are getting flavor not water.  Get some of my sauces and do your sense of taste a flavor."
-- Glenn Cormier

The sauce is available through the company, and at a cost of $2.75 a bottle, it's a reasonable price. There is a case price available for $30, too.  So now that it's grillin season, it's time for you to find some Cormier's Gold for your next cookout...

Or garlic eggplant dish.  I'm still hopeful....

The sauce is gluten free -- it includes a soy sauce without wheat bases, and there is no malt or barley in the Double Garlic Sauce.  I checked it on the label.  

I hope you'll give it a try!

Much love,
Ging



No comments: