Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My favorite new products of 2013 -- Bai5 Antioxidant drinks.





Back in the fall, I received a sample shipment of Bai5 Antioxidant drinks, including the new Molokai Coconut. I'd been drinking another low-cal antioxidant drink for a while now, and I have to tell you, this blows them out of the water. 

They sent me a sample of the product, but I love it so much that I have it on automatic refill from Amazon. The Dragonfruit and Blueberry flavors are my most favorite.

I was even more thrilled a few weeks ago when I found out that Bai5 is now being sold at Target. I order mine by the case every month from Amazon (it gives me about a drink a day). I've started adding it to my juices (from my new juicer). It's really become a part of my life. 

The one thing about Bai5 is it contains coffee fruit. It's the berry part of the coffee bean -- and Dr. Oz and lots of others talk about its antioxident power.  This link explains the good, bad and ugly about it. What I like most about it (non-GMO, fair trade, etc) is it adds a small boost of caffeine.  Just enough for me....



Here's their lovely Press Release about the Coconut flavor:

PRINCETON, N.J. (March 8, 2013) – A taste of the tropics is now part of the Bai 5 family of 100% natural Antioxidant Infusions™. Bai Brands, LLC today announced the introduction of Molokai Coconut, the brand’s first coconut beverage and its first flavor to boast electrolytes. The new flavor is expected to be in stores by June 1st and will initially be offered as a summer thirst quencher, the first in a line of Bai 5 seasonal varieties.
“Molokai Coconut brings remarkable coconut taste to the coconut beverage experience,” says Bai Brands Founder and CEO, Ben Weiss. “Coconut waters provide excellent hydration but none of the pleasant, tropical refreshment one would expect from the name,” he says. “Molokai is the first product in the natural beverage space to deliver hydration, low calories, electrolytes and satisfying delicious flavor all in one.”
The newest Bai 5 is infused with antioxidant-rich coffeefruit and lightly sweetened with organic stevia and all-natural erythritol. Molokai Coconut is gluten-free, low-glycemic, Kosher, vegan, GMO-free and soy-free. Since each BPA-free bottle is aseptically filled, the antioxidants and electrolytes in Molokai remain potent. The brand’s first-ever seasonal release provides refreshment for health-conscious consumers, sports enthusiasts and everyone who craves a cooling yet healthy drink for hot summer days.
“Molokai Coconut arrives in a marketplace crowded with coconut waters but thirsty for coconut taste,” says Bai Brands Vice President of Sales, Ken Kurtz. “This category is expected to reach the $1 billion mark by 2014, but until now it has struggled to deliver a taste profile that could appeal to the mainstream. Bai 5 Molokai Coconut changes all of that with a product that delivers great taste in an all-natural, 5-calorie format.”
About Bai Brands LLC:Bai Brands, LLC, makers of Bai 5-Calorie Antioxidant Infusions, is a Princeton-based company founded in August, 2009 by entrepreneur and coffee industry pioneer Ben Weiss.  Bai 5-Calorie Antioxidant Infusions are 100% natural, only 5 calories, infused with coffeefruit and flavored with exotic fruit juices. They are naturally sweetened, gluten free, Kosher, vegan, soy-, BPA- and GMO-free. For more information about the line of eight Bai 5-Calorie Antioxidant Infusions and the brand named by Beverage World among the “Breakout Brands of 2012”, visit drinkbai.com.

So go to Amazon or Target and try it.  You will love Bai% -- I sure do!

Much love, Ging

No comments: