Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Saffron Road: Great snacks for Super Bowl Sunday

Like many other Americans, I am trying to plan an assortment of snacks for Super Bowl Sunday. I love crunchies, but I don't really want chips -- too much messiness. 

Lately, I've gone back to Saffron Road's Chickpea Snacks over and over when I look for a snack for guests (or myself). 

I'm afraid this post should have been posted before Christmas -- that is when I received a sample of the three wonderful flavors of chickpea snacks from Saffron Road, a company that is very friendly to the gluter-free community.  But time and space got away, and the samples are long gone. So I continue to buy them when I can snag them in Atlanta.

But with the big game coming up, I want to suggest you try them. They'll be on my table.

Full disclosure:  My team lost to San Francisco. So guess who I'm rooting for? That's right -- the Puppy Bowl and the commercials!

Here are the nutritional facts for the Bombay Spice Chickpeas: 
Nutrition Facts – 1 oz (28g)
Serving Size: 1 oz (28g)
Servings Per Container: 6
Calories: 120
Calories from Fat: 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g5%
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg0%
Sodium 200mg8%
% Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrate 16g6%
Dietary Fiber 1g4%
Sugars 2g
Protein 6g
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A0%
Vitamin C0%
Calcium0%
Iron0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Chickpeas, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Cane Sugar, Salt, Spices, Paprika, Black Bean Powder (Black Beans, Sugar), Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Tumeric, Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Extractives Of Paprika And Annato.

Their gluten-free products are non GMO and also are GFCP approved.  There are lots to choose from. Here's the news about the new non-GMO certified food from Saffrom Road:

News Release:
 Saffron Road Introduces First Non-GMO Verified Frozen EntrĂ©e in the USA http://ow.ly/gFYBw  

So when you're stocking up this week for the game (or for your own tummy pleasure) consider these items from Saffron Road.

Much love!
Ging
xoxo

No comments: