Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Monday, September 13, 2010

A tribute for Celiac Disease Awareness Day!



My friend Jennifer calls me Dr. Ginga -- I think that's so cute. It's true, I'm a doctor, but I am not the kind who can cure anything.

If I could, I'd cure ME. I'm sorry, y'all, but Dr. Ginga needs her groove back.

I'd intended all weekend to write a post about National Celiac Disease Awareness Day -- today, Monday, Sept. 13.

In it I was going to pay tribute to those who do so much for those of us with Celiac Disease.

But here it is, days late.  And I'm really too tired to write very much...my eyes are blurry from the day, and my shoulders and head hurts.

Yes, I know SSDD.  Same Symptoms, Different Day.

So here's what I must do for Celiac Disease Awareness Day, 2010.  I must mention those who've made my Celiac life better.

I know I'll screw up and leave someone out. That would hurt you, and it wouldn't make me happy. And my brain cells aren't what they used to be!

So let me just say -- you know who you are.

Pat yourself on the back.

And thanks for all you do for Celiac Awareness.  Maybe, one day soon, I'll be back in the saddle and feeling enough energy to do something other than collapse on the couch when I get home.

Much love, and love and love!
Ging

PS Thanks to all who voted for me in the Amy's contest. I didn't win, but I sure had fun!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you dear. Focus on taking care of YOU.