Adventures in Gluten (and Sugar) Freedom from a southern blogger chick!

Monday, August 6, 2007

GF Laugh of the Day

I almost killed my child because he had to have Popeye's Fried Chicken on the way home from work today. I'm so converting my recipe for Fried Chicken this weekend.

but I digress...

Conversation in health food store parking lot after I gleefully purchase a Nana's Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (GF):

Me: (Doing the happy dance and song by my car. A passerby looks at me askance.) I'm a happy girl.

Randy: I'll have chocolate.

Me: This is better.

Randy: silence

I take a bite.

Me: BLEAH. This is horrible. It's mushy and has no flavor, and it has a really bitter after-taste. Bleah. I can't believe I ate that!
(....pause) Want a bite?

Randy: Though with salesmanship features like that, it's hard to do so, but I think I'll pass.

Sorry, Nana's, but so will I in the future.


(Curtain)

3 comments:

Bill said...

I had to look up askance.

Joy Peterson said...

Carter--
Am I reading that GNC Milledgeville is on your wall of shame? If so, I am assuming it is because Daniela no longer is the manager....from what I remember Tree of Life was a great vendor for things like you are looking for...You might could call them and see if they have any other stores in Milledgevegas that carry their products. You might want to look in the Lake Oconee area as well.

J-I had to look up askance as well...like the word though...

Sally JPA said...

Yes! I had the same reaction to the Nana's cookies. Blech.